Day 2: Mostly lighting stuff

My second day was mostly spent on trying to make normal mapping work in my WebGL 7drl. I finally managed to do that, but it took too much time for me to be completely happy and there still remains some tweaking. However, I did have time for something else apart from making the walls bumpy. I now have an actual dungeon generator instead of a hard-coded level, but it still needs a lot of work. Other notable things concern lights: they now pulsate slightly (not yet a satisfactory torch effect though) and the engine is now able to handle arbitrary number of them (the closest ones are determined and passed to the shaders).

Tomorrow I hope I can improve the map generator and also the actual visible wall geometry. I might also add some simple monsters.

Leave a Reply