Or : How I learned to stop worrying and love Copy+Paste.
My current codebase is a bit of a Frankenstein’s monster, but it works reasonably well and all the basic roguelike stuff is there : random dungeons, monsters, items, rudimentary but functional AI and pretty much the entire combat system.
Not shown are randomly generated “special rooms” (since they only appear later in the dungeon) or the inventory system. (ed. or any of the other 15 monsters)
I decided to go with a simple damage system instead of my original idea of D&D dice rolls, so we get 8 damage instead of 2d6+1. Hopefully it doesn’t hurt the roguelikeness of my game.
Next step is to finally insert the gimmick of cooking monsters, add an ending to the game, then it’s all polish and balancing.
Good evening and good coding. 😉