It feels like my enthusiasm is starting to wear thin.
I didn’t do that much yesterday. Mostly, I added world tile encounters, with custom instances being spawned. The setting is supposed to be post-collapse of society, along the lines of Road Warrior, Mad Max and Autoduel (a game I only saw in passing on someone’s Apple and never played).. But I’ve been winging it so far, and day 1 was pretty much spent doing the Python libtcod tutorial.
Current to-do list:
- Make the encounter dialog in the screenshoot use the libtcod inverted title.
- Display in-game messages at the top of the screen.
- Hook up combat messages.
- Add in-game items.
- Inventory UI.
- Diagonal player movement (ala Infra-Arcana).
- Diagonal AI movement (may already have it).
- Move player start position beside road and give them a car + fuel.
- Vehicles and fuel.
- Place secondary locations (bunkers, gangs, ..).
- Add non-highway roads and some dirt roads.
- Add terrain types other than grass (world).
- Add rivers, with bridges for roads affected (world).
- Add lakes (world).
- Fired weapons.
- Thrown weapons.
- Held weapons.
- Simple instance scenery, trees, mud, ponds.
- World tiles only reveals when standing on them.