Well, as we all have noticed, the close of the 7DRLC event is coming real soon, and that means we have to start bringing out those debuggers and hunting down the last few bugs in our games.
Over the past two days since my Day 2 post I have managed to fix up mostly backbone parts of the program. I finally got dynamic tile generation done. Basically, depending on where you are, only certain parts of the dungeon will load, keeping the game’s speed relatively high.
Implemented line of sight using line tests, and also managed to work on some of the level creation. Screenshots below demonstrate these.
I told myself that I would program for 40 hours straight. During this session (Which is still going on at the moment), I decided to extend it to 48 hours. So I will be going 48 straight hours. I am closing in on the 18th hour as I write this. Got some nasty little graphical bugs that will tease me for the next two or three hours but I’ll get them. Still have some things to do gameplay wise. Creature and player abilities and skills, hidden areas, mini bosses, the castle area, and most of the other dungeon areas. But at least most of the game has been ironed out.
Anyone who is interested in seeing how the game is doing right now, or just wants to give a shout out and support can stop by http://justin.tv/sigonasr2 where I have been broadcasting the whole event.
I have been watching these games everyone has been putting together, and they look absolutely gorgeous this year. Cannot wait to play all of them, including my own which is looking decently promising. (Beats the stuffing out of my 2011 entry for sure.)
Total Programming Time: 61 Hours