So it begins! This is my first update on Curse of Amenemhet III’s dev diary. I intend to post at least once a day from now to next Saturday.
First and foremost, these are the primary features I intend to implement for my 7DRL:
- A roguelike based on the maze that was built inside the pyramid in which Amenemhet III was buried
- It will be a turn based roguelike with permadeath (I may change that later, who knows)
- A skill tree system inspired by Path of Exile’s skill tree
- Traps, puzzles, enemies, bosses and multi level random mazes
- Survival mechanics (you will have to manage food, water and other expendable items like torches)
- A simple inventory system
Some secondary features which I will implement if I have enough time:
- Egypt-themed soundtrack (Nile shall be a great inspiration)
Today I will plan how I will implement the primary features and start working on the code. I intend to make my first push to my bitbucket repo sometime tomorrow.
Good luck everyone!