As of 6pm GMT on Sunday 10th March I am beginning my Seven Day Roguelike. Hopefully I will shrug off last year’s failure and resume my previous run of successes!
The name of my game is Mosaic, and it will include a mishmash of ideas that have been floating around my head for a while. In particular it will include:
- Simple 4-way controls. No other controls at all.
- Strings of moves trigger wider special moves.
- You change the map with your moves. The whole game interaction will be about crafting the map around your movements.
- You die in one hit, but the terrain you construct will act as temporary defence against enemies.
- Incorporating Conway’s Game of Life somehow.
- Procedurally generated music based on the terrain you construct (a bit like Tonematrix).
- Some arty fluff about self-expression and creation.
I’m also hosting a London Afterparty on the evening of Sunday 17th for 7DRLers to meet up and play each others games / weep about their failures. If you want to join in sign up here: http://7drl2013.eventbrite.com/#
Good luck to everyone taking part! It’s gonna be one hell of a big crop of games at the end 😀