Day 5 summary
Slow day again, leaving things set up for a final 2 day scramble to get things finished off and polished. Spent a long time fighting against libgdx’s built-in UI system as it doesn’t support things like hover and right-clicking natively. I think I can work around those problems as I’m not that interested in a mobile build anyway.
We can now change floors both up and back down again. Levels are the same each time and persistant (fog of war, monsters and item placements are all kept intact).
I added the start of a UI that shows the current players stats and any monsters that are trying to attack them.
Slight work done on combat, the enemies can now injure the player, although still for a fixed 200 damage each time.
Two smaller things I did – Firstly adding cheat modes to help with testing – noclip, revealmap and godmode. Secondly cutting up lots more sprites and making their background transparent ready to be put into place on day 7.
Goals for day 6
- Not around
- Beef up combat to use stats, I imagine a lot of this is going to be spreadsheet work due to the needs of this specific plot.
- Examining and equipping items.
- Show level number and players effective level number.