Now we’re really beginning to close in on the release. Mostly everything has been put into the game now. What remains is really just balancing, bug testing and polishing, a lot. I’m really happy how the game has turned out so far and I hope it will become even better tomorrow.
After thinking about graphics for quite a while I decided to go for an ASCII style instead of tiles. It just really seemed the best way to not using someone else’s art, I knew I wouldn’t be able to do it myself. And with this decision I also realised how much work I did for nothing, stuff that only mattered if I would use tiles.