SurvivorRL is now officially a success. It’s by no means the game I dreamed up, and though fully-featured, it lacks the juice I was attempting to squeeze into it. However, it is complete, it is completely functioning, it is significantly more polished than last year’s entry. I am satisfied with what I ended up with.
- The Foot: Your primary means of walking, to at most 2 tiles away from your current location. WASD works for single-tile movement.
- The Hand: Your primary means of interacting with things. On campfire, will try to cook food. On trees, will collect stray branches. On hut, will try to sleep.
- The Fire: Click on an empty space to make a campfire, if you have enough wood.
- The Boxes: Make a storage area. (Use hand on it to sleep, really not clear, but yes.)
- The Water-drop: Make a water barrel, which fills up with rainwater. (Use hand on it to drink.)
- The Spear: Initially gray, clicking on it will try to make a spear (if you have enough wood). With it created, use on water to fish. (Use hand on campfire to eat the fish.)
- The Axe: Initially gray, clicking on it will try to make an axe (need a lot of wood). With it created, use on trees to cut them down for lots of wood.
- The Fence: Build undestroyable fences, for aesthetic purposes. (Were initially planned to make safe-camps from mobs.)
- The Boat: Click on an empty space to make a working area for creating a boat. Use on the boat to transfer provisions and build it further. (Use hand on the boat to see the state of your boat.)
- The Horizon: Click on your boat with it to set sail and try your luck. (Use the hand on the boat first to see your chances of success. Different amounts of provisions will have different results.)
Notice: The game is quite unbalanced at the beginning, although with good cause. Starting out, you need to get a few things as fast as possible: a water barrel, a fire and a spear, possibly in that order. Failure to get one of those soon enough could lead to being too hungry/thirsty to make it/build it in order to satisfy your hunger/thirst, in a vicious cycle. At that point, there’s no choice but to restart the game, sadly.
Comments and criticisms are appreciated!