ThThTh is not yet a fun game, because everyone who isn’t the player just sits there and waits for the player to take command.
Unlike TTTTTTT, I expect to be able to turn this into a game within a few days. All I need now from the artist is a few splash screens (for mission success/failure). He might provide some music and sound effects too.
I need to do:
- Display player’s current money supply
- Display different splash screens depending on the circumstances under which the player exited the previous level
- Obscure areas with fog
- Draw doors
- Choose sensible numbers of guards, dogs, and thieves for a given level number
- Place actors and items sensibly
- Check win/lose conditions properly
What you can currently do:
- Walk (4 or 8 directions, if you’re a guard or a thief)
- Take items from the floor
- Throw items (8 or 4 directions, if you’re a guard or a thief)
- Shoot lasers (8 or 4 directions, if you’re a guard or a thief)
- Perform unscheduled mindswaps at monetary cost (if you’re not holding a laser and you shoot)
- Walk out the door with treasure to end the game (if you’re a thief)
Something is terribly wrong with the linux version and after more than one night with 3 hours sleep I don’t feel inclined to find out what. At least it’s building and running. As a black screen.