DiceMines is going to be about two mechanics: using dice to do cool things, and choosing your party. Ideally; using the dice will be fun and interesting and each party member will have a different personality.
I got an insane amount of work done today. I’m reusing a lot of algorithms for FOV, colors, and display but I also wrote a lot. Just before dinner i added knockback. It turned out to be hilariously overpowered so decided to rework it so that it shows up more often. I’m about 1/3 of the way done which is good because I don’t have much time during the week. I think after a couple days it may be worth trying.
- basic worldgen that I haven’t seen before
- stats based on dice
- melee weapons, ranged weapons, and armor that affect your stats
- 4 basic enemies with different stats plus one that uses items
- a decent ui
- a few criticals for when you get good rolls. Then ripped them out because it bored me.
- more special abilities (common, melee, ranged, magic, prayer)
- make special abilities use your dice
- use a resolution that looks good on youtube
- some sort of victory condition
- character screen
- allies and ally ai
- enemy ai
- mouse support (look, aim, and move)
- a crazy amount of refactoring