About half a week has passed since I started working on Saligia. I am rather satisfied with my progress so far, and barring any major unexpected delays, I should be able to finish in time.
On day 1, I made a randomly generated map and an @ with a limited field of vision walking around in it.
On day 2, I gave the @ attributes and skills. I also made other creatures for it to attack; sometimes they even fight back.
I was too tired to do any serious programming on day 3; all I got done was the character generation and some flavour text.
Now it’s day 4, and so far, I’ve implemented a targetting system that provides information about enemies and is used to select targets for ranged combat, as well as for the spells the @ will be able to cast soon.
Other than spells, it will gain racial abilities and special melee attacks. Once I’ve programmed those, all I have left to do is write some documentation and flavour text.
Initially, I had planned to give the player character (and the enemies) an inventory, but I don’t really see a need for it. For just the sword and bow the character has, no inventory is necessary, and adding more items would hardly accomplish anything useful that other game mechanisms cannot, especially since there are no consumables.