I didn’t post on day 1 and 2 as at looked even worse than it does now.
We’ve spent the time so far making a rendering engine to show modular items such as the prisoner huts, watchtowers and fences plus a simple collision detection system that will be enough for the rest of the game. This still needs to be able to generate large buildings with multiple rooms inside but I am planning to spend day 4 on actual gameplay at last.
Rich has helped with the rendering part plus written an implementation of the Dijkstra pathfinding algorithm and started on the inventory code as seen in the screenshots.
Plans for Day 4 –
Dan – Add AI characters. At least other prisoners and hopefully the guards.
Rich – Finish the inventory. Add the action system to pick stuff up and use it.