Today I got a lot more done though still not an entire uninterrupted day. Damn you real life!
I’m going to take the labyrinth part of Procedural Death Labyrinth seriously and set TGWPWTDN in a maze rather than the standard rooms and corridors type of dungeon. It will only be 15 tiles by 15 because a goal is to have a casual game which can be completed in about 5 minutes. As well as making it easier to build something I can finish in 7 days, I personally like small scale games like this. I find I rarely have the time to play long and involved games nowadays but I still want my dungeon crawling fix. It will be interesting to see how many traditional roguelike elements I can squeeze into such a small space.
So today was dedicated into getting a procedurally generated maze built and displayable. I used the algorithm from this page on Rogue Basin. Unfortunately the examples there are in all sorts of languages except c++. In translation I have introduced some sort of bug which causes the generator to loop endlessly. I’m too tired to debug it now so that will be job 1 tomorrow morning.