Worldgen was starting to take a few seconds so I split that out into a worldgen screen. You can see the progress and then it switches you to the play screen once the world is ready.
Items can now use the same abilities that creatures do. So a short sword of knock back will have a chance of knocking others back when you hit them. Healing items will heal based on your piety when used. So an “unholy long sword of healing” will do a ton of damage but, unless you have a high piety from something else, it will occasionally “heal” you negative points.
You can also exit the caves by going up the stairs on the first level. Exiting or dying shows a persistent high score list. Your score is based on the number and value of the dice you’ve brought back from the mines. This is the first time I’ve done any kind of saving and loading in a 7DRL.
- a worldgen screen since it takes several few second to run now
- more interesting weapons and armor
- more interesting worldgen
- much refactoring
- select allies to adventure with you
- verify there are no places you can’t get out of
- mouse support and other gui improvements
- probably completely redo what creatures are used