I guess the night before the challenge is over is a good time to throw up a post of what I have been working on.
I started out the week trying to build something that would be turnbased, but wouldn’t have any death condition. I was also planning on making it not random gen, and just getting as close as possible to the feeling of a roguelike while breaking as many rules as possible. It took me about two days to realize this was a bad idea, but at least I got some pretty pictures out of it.
I then took a day off to feel bad about the fact that I could see another failed 7drl looming ahead of me. This was probably not the right reaction, but I had really high hopes for this year, I feel like I finally hit a stride, and had figured out what went into a roguelike (heck I made a pretty good one last week :D).
After that, I decided to switch back to a FPS roguelike idea that I had been kicking around for a while. I ripped out a bunch of the level gen code that I had been using, and started working on enemies and weapons. It has been really slow going for some reason, I think the pressure of this challenge is really setting me up to fail… I know I am going to get judged at the end, and am just doing a crappy job because of that.
Any ways, I have two enemies done, and weapon reloading in place.
There is still a ton to get done tomorrow, but I am going to aim for maybe 6 levels total, and try to get a few weapons and new enemies in place for tomorrow before the deadline. Or I might give myself the weekend, because I took two days on the aborted idea, and I would really like to have something done for this one.