Funny day today. I greatly improved the pathfinding of your allies so they now stay near you and can follow to other z-levels. They each have their own preference for how far ahead or behind you they want to be. It took quite a while to get right but I think it works fairly well. I also gave them better names. I started with throwing together some fantasy style names but changed my mind since I’ve done that before. This time I just pick from lists of the most common first and last names in the USA. For some reason I think it’s really funny to be running around fighting orcs with Kimberly Clark and Steven Brown.
- start the game with some allies who stay close to you
- show your allies and some details on the screen
- actually select your party before you enter the dice mines
- rethink the enemies
- improve the fighting ai of allies
- make allies pickup items
- improve the personality and banter of allies
- more dice to pickup
- maybe rescue more allies in the cave?
- mouse support for looking, aiming, and moving