Finally, a direction appears

Yesterday I coded up support for fog clouds… and then I realized that I had notes for a roguelike that was going to be nothing but fog clouds. I had written them down after last years 7drl, but couldn’t figure out how to make them work in 2d. Luckily this time around I am making something that supports fog relatively easily. Hot dang, now I have a direction, and more importantly, something that just relies on text and color to build out a bunch of. I still have a bunch of implementation work to do today, but it feels like I am making something that is more than just “boring old FPS that happens to be randomized”.

Screen Shot 2014-03-15 at 9.29.26 AM

So, the plan for today:

  • implement different types of fogs
  • add flasks that you can pickup and add to your inventory
  • add ammo drops
  • make the game actually scale in difficulty and have it beatable

If I have time I want to redo all the graphics to match the aesthetic of the title screen. I should also mention that another breakthrough occurred here, where I wanted to keep the controls simple because adding more text was a pain, and then I realized that limited inputs would make a bunch of decisions pop out of interface limitations (like if you can reorganize your inventory, or if reloading happens on a specific time rather than with a button press).

Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 5.58.02 PM

Leave a Reply