If you enjoyed my 2014 7DRL, “Beware of Strange Warp Points”, you’ll be glad to hear that development has been continuing – a friend of mine from the Space Empires community stepped up to fix some bugs and add a few neat features, and that prompted me do do some more work on the game myself!
So what will you find thus far?
- Fixed bug causing repeated colonization of planets using long range sensors.
- Added shield regenerator components.
- Fixed bug causing enemy ships to move at the player’s speed. Watch out for those scouts!
- Added mineral planets (they’re the best!) from which you can gain small amounts of resources.
- Missiles that are shot down are now described as being shot down, instead of missing.
- The game now ends properly when you win.
- Fixed bug causing ships destroyed by losing both crew and engines simultaneously to grant double salvage.
- Log messages now appear in the proper order (not reversed).
- Log messages are now colored depending on what happens (generally, blue = good, cyan = very good, yellow = bad, red = very bad, white = neutral)
- Log messages turn gray after you take your next turn, instead of disappearing. (They still disappear after 25 of them accumulate, though.)
You can download the C# source code here:
We haven’t yet put together a v1.1 build, so you’ll need Visual Studio (2012 or higher; there is a free Express version) or MonoDevelop to build it.