If there’s one thing I’ve really accomplished this year, it’s not being overly obsessed with my 7DRL. I’ve got a lot going on, and so I went with a simple design. But beyond that, I’m really taking my time…
START OF DAY 2
- 8:05am : sat down at computer.
- 8:14am : called a variable “Mo” and got sidetracked reading about Molybdenum.
- 8:41am : you can now eat enemies if you have the right mouth. You can push small ones,and be killed by big ones. Excellent!
- 8:54am : begin work on ENEMY ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE!
- 10:06am : basic enemy AI works! Using Dijkstra maps, they move, eat food, and eat each-other. Some problems remain. Must make allowances for size interactions.
- 1:46pm : returned to development after taking care of my daughter.
- 2:24pm : have now improved the AI considerably. Must leave again.
- …AND I NEVER RETURNED… I went to my night job, came home, sent one email, watched Battlestar Galactica, and went to bed.
- 8:25am : made the AI chase the player when appropriate.
- 8:36am : streamlined monster spawning, and made monsters re-spawn on a level if too many are killed.
- 9:07am : now have a working “dna meter”, which indicates progress toward next level.
- 9:26am : you can now progress between levels.
- 9:36am : fixed display of player “mouths”
- 10:03am : changed one of the basic premises of the game: took out “rotation”.
- 10:07am : gave the player the ability to “WAIT”.
- 10:22am : refined on-going monster spawning.
- 12:22pm : started filing my federal income taxes with turbotax
- 1:33pm : finished filing taxes. Going to put baby to bed.
- 1:55pm : got death working: instantly restarts game at level 1.
- 2:05pm : added support for numpad keys.
- 2:20pm : worked on a bunch of raw sound effects using BFXR
- 3:42pm : this blog post, then dinner, and off to work again.
We’ll see about tonight and tomorrow…