Well, day 2 is over and I didn’t get enough done. The biggest factor stopping me is the astounding number of bugs that popped up today. I still have a couple to fix, but most of the really big issues have been fixed.
That said, I still got some things done:
- Reworked the movement system a bit.
- Added a system for displaying and handling game messages, with word wrap.
- Added combat. Creatures will seek out their target, then attack until they die. They can’t choose their target yet; they have to retaliate instead.
- Added a biome and 4 new enemies.
- Fixed ‘Schrodinger’s Bug’, where enemies that had moved both existed and didn’t exist at the same time.
It’s not the worst list, but I probably could’ve fit 2-3 more items in if not for the slew of bugs. I’m especially worried about not having the basic creature ai finished, but hopefully today won’t set me back much.