Today, I accomplished lots of small tasks that have been on my to-do list, but I didn’t make any big milestone leaps.
First, some screenshots!
New title screen:
In-game Help Menu:
New UI elements:
- Increased room sizes (I anticipate that this will make for more interesting combat).
- A player can now advance to the next level by clearing the level of enemies.
- A player can now advance to the next level by activating all computer terminals. This allows a player to finish the level even if they lose all attack abilities.
- When a level is finished, a new level is generated. When finishing level 10, the game is over.
- A new ability is randomly granted to the player when the player finishes level. Eventually, I would like to give the player a choice between 2 or 3 abilities each level so there is some advancement strategy involved.
- Keyboard shortcuts for selecting abilities and movement.
- Make more enemy types. The basic AI is in place and I can create enemies that behave differently inheriting from the main enemy class and tweaking different parameters.
- More interesting room layout for more interesting combat.
- Create new abilities. Currently there is only a move and a basic attack, which are not very interesting.
Basically, the framework is already in place. I have a playable game with all of the basic elements ready to go. Now, it’s time to fill in the content!
Schedule moving forward (optimistically):
- Wednesday, Thursday – Content (enemies, rooms, abilities)
- Friday – Polish
- Saturday (before my deadline arrives) – If time permits, additional sounds, music, and polish
Thanks for reading!