In FireTail you play the last spirit of fire, battling against unending legions of ice, and ultimately against the dreaded Queen of Ice. You can download for Windows, Mac and Linux here:
- FireTail – Windows
- FireTail – Mac
- FireTail – Linux32
- FireTail – Linux64
- FireTail – module (for T-Engine 1.3.0)
And wow, what a week! It started with recovering from an ear operation, and on Friday my computer decided to explode. I managed to break the T-Engine in new and interesting ways, but thankfully the angelic DarkGod came to the rescue and sorted out my weird bugs. What’s been a big highlight this year is getting such a polished looking game, in no small part thanks to the wonderful work on Oryx, providing me with custom tiles for the enemies and terrain.
Some interesting features of the game:
- You leave a trail of fire as you walk. The number of neighbouring fire tiles determines what powers you enact.
- You have free movement on fire squares, making the fire tail of important tactical advantage.
- Progression is based on the fire tail – when you level up you assign skills to the lengths of the tail, changing what skills are triggered when you’re surrounded by x fire tiles. The higher the number the more effective the skill, but the harder it is to get into a position to use them.
- You die if you get surrounded in ice terrain or ice enemies. Positioning and freedom of movement is vital in combat.
- 7 levels, 6 interesting bosses, and a bunch of enemies all with their own powers.
I’ll do a video showing off some bits of the game when I get a chance. For now please download, enjoy, and give feedback!