Players these days… Uh…
0. General instructions.
Machines can be interacted by bumping into them.
Power cables can be ‘b’uilt. Enable ‘p’ower overlay mode to see cables.
If many cables/walls/pipes are to be built, use ‘B’atch build mode.
Use ‘c’onfigure to change cables and pipes connections.
If you want ‘easy mode’, restart till you get forest.
Forest means that there is oxygen and temperature is moderate.
In case of cold/hot planet do not forget to ‘c’lose doors when you leave the ship.
Be sure to use functions of the suite to keep you alive outdoors.
Use internal air in case of low/no oxygen and use thermocontrol in case of cold/hot environment.
Use scanner to detect ores direction.
Don’t forget to refill air and recharge suite’s battery when you return to ship.
1. There are shelves with iron and copper chunks in room with machines.
Spend iron carefully to make sure that you make at least drill and smelter.
Ideally you need item servo and crate. But there is item servo behind fuel feed and a box in the bedroom.
It can be used the same way as crate.
2. There are food and water in the ‘fridge’. Room in front of the bedroom.
In current version there is no inventory limit, so it’s better to pick it all.
3. As mentioned in 1. there is a box in the bedroom. There are tools in the box.
Use axe to chop down trees that are in the way and pickaxe to mine stones. Watch for fatigue.
Also you can dismantle one bed and carry it with you to rest.
Fatigue increases when you build. If you are too fatigued, you wob’t
4. Everything can be ‘d’ismantled. As well as batteries in a room next to reactor. But be careful with power connections.
If you disconnect air regenerator, you might die of suffocation.
5. To mine ore place a miner on an ore patch. Place an item servo next to the miner. And a crate or a box next to the item servo.
‘c’onfigure the item servo to pull items from the miner and push to the crate/box.
Connect the item servo and the miner to the power (‘b’uild a battery and a power cable to connect).
Bump into the miner and the servo to turn them on. This should start mining.
Crate with or can be ‘d’ismantled without loosing contents.
Use smelting in a similar way (crate -> servo -> smelter -> servo -> crate).
6. By bumping into ship’s console you will what you need to do to repair the ship.
You can calculate how much ores required to avoid mining more then needed.
Watch recipes in the ‘l’ist.
p.s. HTS can be downloaded here: https://sites.google.com/site/tetrogue/downloads/7drl-2015—high-tech-survival