The Oracle of Ithrakizar – Completed

Mission Accomplished. It’s been a long and stressful 7 days but my first ever entry to 7DRL (and first Roguelike) is complete.

I realized about halfway through that what I had set out to do was probably too ambitious for a first roguelike, but I managed to implement a lot of what I wanted – an open world with dungeons spread across it.

I am quite happy with the game, but there is a lot that could have been improved. A lot of the enemies and items (and even the combat formulas) were left until the last 2 days, so I didn’t have much time to get them as well balanced as they could be.

Making a turn based roguelike was an interesting change from the usual real time games I’m used to making, and presented a lot of new design challenges. The systems I made turned out a bit clunky, but they turned out well enough. I’ll see if I can find a more elegant way of structuring things for next time.

You can find the game here
If you want to leave any feedback, report any errors, or otherwise contact my Twitter is @Nanolotl

Leave a Reply