So I thought, I’ll go over failed 7drls, maybe I’ll find something interesting. Actually I haven’t realized there were so many failed ones, especially when in the last days you’ve seen all those success posts.
If the link for download wasn’t available, I was trying to find any related info on page linked under “Game Name” on roguetemple page.
Here we go starting with some (more-or-less) interesting ones…
- RogueAI – unity, looks quite nice, I must say better, than some of the finished ones :> [Rogue*AI]
- SuperMarioRL – st33d changed it to Bump!, but it’s actually playable and not that bad (but I think levels are somtimes unpassable) [Super Mario RL]
- Dispatch: Rogue Planet (froglick) – rather not a roguelike, seems to be done by group of people really nice pixelart and reminds me lot of “Cave Story”, there are “debug enemies”, rendered as boxes. Would really like to see that one finished. [froglick] (run: “love.exe src”)
- Forrest Story – you start literally naked in the forrest. Not bad – quite nice arts, but I dunno if there’s something els to do beside gathering food and sleeping [Forrest Story]
- AliveRL – there was a bug, think I’ve fixed it so it runs, but dunno how to get past 1st level, looks quite nice though and would be interesting to see it finished. [AliveRL]
- Loihe Lausumahan – based on a thread on TIGsource seems to be continued after 7drl, really weird mechanics and blinking can probably cause Epilepsy
- EDIT: forgot about this one, Submerged Cavern, looks really nice, although I think there are no enemies, this is the only link I could find [Submerged Cavern 2013]
- Clerk’s Creed – nothing to try, but art looks cool [link]
- AutomataRL – nothing to try, but screenshot looks nice: [link]
- dunno – Terry Cavanagh – only YT video, but doesn’t look bad youtube
- Rise of the mobs – well, there are no mobs, only labirynth and moving, but main character is uber-cute
- Gangs7er – quits after some initial texts, intriguing though.
- EmbedRouge – level and few rats in it [link]
- Zombie Battles In Caves – there are Z’s, and some H’s, but you can’t actually do anything to them, at least it seems so
- !hack – Jahn – nothing to do you can walk, and dungeon quakes and slowly kills you
- Project Pandora – seems there’s only level generator ?
- Overworld Survivor Zed – hmm some interface, can walk, and that’s pretty much it [link]
- Dungeon Romp 2 – level, walking, collecting, that’s all probably
- RogueVerse – level – doesn’t seem to be randomly generated, walking
- Traversal – nothing to do actually, some levels and portals between them. There is either something wrong with the font or it was made on purpose.
- Burder – unity, don’t know if there is possibility to do anything, tried pressing whole keyboard, only Z/X does something
- LawmanRL – something’s wrong, seems like the screen is not cleared before drawing next frame
- stabby – haven’t tried that, src only and requires sfml
- 7DOM – exactly as above
- Unnamed – Philipp “fillest” Saveliev, Tosh – python+libtcod, tried to run it on windows, but I’ve failed.
- AutoRL – c#, no binaries, sorry haven’t tried
- BuildRL – looking at the source there are many JS included, but seems it doesn’t work for me (FF, Chrome, Opera)
- funedaphi – requires python3, which I don’t have, sorry
- House on the Hill – written in racket, haven’t tried
- Dredd RL – seems it doesn’t work in FF, Chrome or Opera :/
- Stepsons of the Universe – the only thing that shows up is “The Story so Far…”
- Wonderboy-in-Ascii-World – requires coffeescript, sorry don’t know what to do with this
- Run Rogue – can’t clone repository (?)
- Towers of Klorenth – C++ and no precompiled version, so I haven’t tried that
- Iron and Steam – haven’t tested, as I don’t have tome4 here, [link]