Husk: Day III & IV

Last night I finished what should be the last of the framework code and merged it into master, bringing my codebase close to 15k lines before any 7DRL-specific code. Unfortunately, this means that I’ve fallen behind on my timeline and am only just now where I wanted to be at the end of the second day. The next three days are going to require a lot of hard work if I want to get a reasonably good game out there. Unfortunately, I won’t have all of them available as I have to work on part of Friday and have a guest arriving that night. We’ll see what I can manage to turn out…

Husk: Day II

Yesterday was also pretty uneventful because I had to spend the day mostly writing framework-level code. However, the framework’s functionality is now back to about where it was last 7DRL (but much more extensible).

My job today is getting the existing combat implementation back to functional levels. The system already supports some really fancy stuff, like locational damage and multiple attacks. If I have time after getting combat to a working state, I’ll probably get AI working again (it’s been disabled for quite a while).

Husk: Day I

Not a very eventful first day. I’m using my own framework for this, but I’m in the middle of some major architectural work on it that I didn’t have time to finish. You can move around and inspect actors, but a lot of basic functionality is only sort-of-implemented. After some initial setup of the game folder, I delved right into committing to a separate branch off of master for making the framework more operational. Hopefully that will be done with in a day or two…